A few months ago I’ve decided to challenge myself to come up with a look using affordable beauty products less than PhP 500 in total! 😱😂
Originally, the challenge was supposed to be Boyfriend Chooses My Make Up but my SO chickened out the last minute because he knows nada about beauty stuff! 😂 And since I don’t want to spend much money on buying new makeup, I’ve decided to do a PhP 500 ($10) Make Up Challenge!
I was able to purchase 7 different beauty products at the SM Beauty Section.
- Nichido Eye Palette with free Eye Pencil – PhP 100
- EB Advance Perfect Eye Concealer – PhP 100
- Nichido Eye Lash Defining Mascara – PhP 97
- Fashion 21 Value Pack (Powder, Lipstick, and Eye Pencil) – PhP 125
Overall I spent only PhP 422 ($8.05)! I was shookt! 😱😜
And this is the look that I was able to come up with!
Quick review of the products used:
- Nichido Eye Palette with free Eye Pencil – The package says the eye palette consists of matte eye shadows but once you open the container you’ll see satin to shimmery shades! Not that I’m complaining but its quite confusing, lol! Anyhow, the eye shadows in the palette are decent enough to come up with a makeup look. I was able to come up with a daytime eye look and I was satisfied on how it turned out. 🤗 As for the eye pencil, I wasn’t able to use it because the shade was in taupe and I currently have a black hair color now. 😛
- EB Advance Perfect Eye Concealer – It’s a cream stick concealer and to be honest I didn’t get a wow factor when using this product. It didn’t perform much when it comes to coverage but I must say that it is best used as eye primer or base before you apply an eye shadow color.
- Nichido Eye Lash Defining Mascara – The first time I’ve used this product I had a hard time applying it on my lashes because of its humongous bristles! I’m not really a fan of volumizing mascara so I had difficulty on using this product.
- Fashion 21 Value Pack (Powder, Lipstick, and Eye Pencil) – I super love Fashion 21 powder products! I’ve used their Cucumber Extract Pressed Powder in the past so I knew that this value pack powder will not disappoint. 😊 On the other hand, the lipstick inside the pack was in coral shade and it instantly reminds me of my old favorite, MAC Alibi. Also, the eye pencil inside the pack did not disappoint too. I was able to use it for my brows and its easy to use as well.
Of course, I made a video to share my experience using these products! You can also visit my YouTube channel for other beauty reviews and other fun stuff!
I definitely had fun in this challenge! Until next time! xoxo 💋