In celebration of last week’s National Lipstick Day, let me share with you my recent lipstick purchases that are below 200 pesos! 😱😍💄
I’ve been meaning to post my recent lipstick purchases and all of them are from local beauty brands. All of these lippies are below PhP 200 and all of them are available at department stores. 💋
- EB Advance Creme Supreme Lipstick in Audrey – I got this from Watsons store in SM Aura. This costs PhP 99.
- Careline Kiss Sticks in Vacay – Purchased from Landmark Makati. This costs PhP 175.
- Careline Lippie in First Date – I got this from Watsons as well. This was on sale at PhP 55.
- Fashion 21 Color Mood Lipstick in Mystical Mauve – Purchased from from Landmark Makati. This was on sale at PhP 100.
- Shawill Cosmetics Glitter Lipstick in Shade 09 – Also from Landmark Makati. This costs PhP 128.
- San San Hydrating Color Dew Lipstick in Carmine Red – Purchased from HBC Store in MRT Ayala. This costs PhP 165.
Swatches (from top to bottom):
- EB Advance Creme Supreme Lipstick in Audrey is a glossy and sheer classic red shade.
- Careline Kiss Sticks in Vacay is a creamy nude matte. A perfect MLBB for Filipinas.
- Careline Lippie in First Date is a creamy and sheer mix of pink and red shade.
- Fashion 21 Color Mood Lipstick in Mystical Mauve is a sheer finish of beige and mauve.
- Shawill Cosmetics Glitter Lipstick in Shade 09 is a glossy and glittery finish of deep red in color.
- San San Hydrating Color Dew Lipstick in Carmine Red is a dewy and hydrating finish of berry red shade.
On to the lip swatches! PS. I realized that my first swatch doesn’t really capture its true shade (I filmed and took a photo in a hotel bathroom with yellow lighting) so I decided to take another photo in normal daylight.
I’m not sure if Ever Bilena have already phased out this lip product but I bought this months ago and it was on a mark down price. What I like about this lippie is that it has a sheer finish that it’s almost like a color lip balm when applied on the lips. It’s perfect for days when you want a light swipe of color on your lips. It’s perfect for all skin shades because of its classic red in color.
The Careline Kiss Sticks is an absolute dupe of Colourpop Lippie Stix and I’m definitely cool with it because there’s now an affordable local substitute from the latter brand. Same as with the Lippie Stix, it’s a pen type lippie and perfect for the on-the-go gal. The only downside is that it takes a while to build the color because of its pen type packaging. Also, the formula tugs a bit when applied on the lips.
I believe this was one of the first lip products before Careline had their re-branding last year. The packaging is straight forward and this has more opaque finish compared to the EB Advance Creme lipstick. This shade is good for every day use and it instantly makes you look fresh without making so much effort on makeup.
Same as with Careline Kiss Sticks in Vacay, the Fashion 21 Color Mood Lipstick in Mystical Mauve is also an instant MLBB on my face. The only difference is that Mystical Mauve has a sheer finish and it does not dry my lips. Its a perfect every day lip color and a perfect inclusion on my everyday makeup purse.
No shade in here but I instantly fell in love with this lipstick. ❤️ This lippie feels like butter when applied on the lips. In just one swipe the color pay off is almost opaque and the glide on the lips is very smooth. This lippie is clearly not a matte in finish because of it buttery and shiny appearance.
Last but definitely not the least is the Hydrating Color Dew Lipstick from San San Cosmetics. I got curious to try San San Cosmetics because local beauty influencers are raving about it. True enough, this lippie did not disappoint because of its beautiful color pay off plus it promises hydration on the lips when applied. The shade Carmine Red gives a unique take on red lipstick and this was an instant fave of mine as well.
I also made a vlog on my first impression about these lippies. You can view it below or visit my YouTube channel!
There you have it! I hope you enjoy this post! Do let me know if you’ve tried these lippies or if you recommend other affordable local brands for me to try! Until next time xoxo ❤️❤️❤️