And what do you know, it’s already mid year! 🤗 Here are the beauty products that I’ve consumed or destashed last summer season. ☀️
Cosmetics / Make Up
- Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Pressed Powder – this is the second time that I’ve used this brand. This is still one of my favorite drug store face powders because it freshens up and adds glow on my face. ✨
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes – I bought this tube in 2016 and this is actually my first liquid lippie. I super love this shade and I definitely recommend NYX Soft Matte as a starter lippie especially to those who wants to explore liquid lippies. ❤️
- Nature Republic Provence Creamy Gel Eyeliner – I got this as a freebie during my HK trip and now I know why they gave this eye pencil away as a freebie. 😒 The color pay off is not pigmented plus the tip of the pencil easily breaks. I definitely do not recommend this. 🙅🏼
- NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in Alaska (sample) – I got this tube sample from my sister and the first time that I used this was when I was in the US last April. I instantly fell in love with the the finish because it’s sooo easy to apply on the face. It has a velvet matte finish and its perfect for my combination skin. I checked the NARS store and this costs around PhP 2,000+ I will definitely save money so that I can purchase this next time!
- Maybelline Baby Lips Bright Out Loud Lip Balm in Vivid Peach – there are days that I feel lazy to put on lipstick and this lip balm is an instant rescue since it has a sheer color when applied. Plus, I like that it has a minty feel when applied on the lips. I definitely recommend this. 👍🏼
- Flowfushi Mote Liner Liquid Eyeliner in Navy Blue – this eyeliner was a hand-me-down from my sister. I’m not a fan of its brush tip plus it doesn’t dry easily. Not recommending this.
- Maybelline Fashion Brow Mascara in Yellow Brown – I was using this when I was sporting a blonde hair color. This brow mascara is affordable and the performance is okay.
- Marionnaud Eyelash Curler – had to stash this out since I’ve been using this for 2 years+ now. Performance is okay but the curl is not long lasting.
- Watsons Anti-Frizz Treatment Wax in Argan Oil – as you can see, this Watsons product has been a staple on my beauty product empties list. Highly recommended especially that its a buy 1, take 1 hair product! 😂😛
- Lolane Z-Cool Dry Shampoo – I love the smell of thus dry shampoo and its super handy for travel. I think I’ve consumed this product for less than a month.
- Vitress Cuticle Coat Instant Relax – Vitress has been around for a long time now and I remember using them when I was a student. I’ve purchased a small bottle for my US trip and I’m impressed with its performance. I’m currently on my 3rd bottle and I mix this with the HHN Sunflower Beauty Oil to achieve a perfect hair texture. 😍
- Joange by organic Nuit Hair Oil – My sister gave this to me last December. It has a similar texture and formulation to Vitress.
- Cow Brand Mutenka Moisturizing Facial Foam – I super love this facial foam! 😍 This product is a little goes a long way and it easily foams when applied. Plus, the formulation is super moisturizing. I’ve already asked my sister to buy me another one this December! ❤️❤️❤️
- Innisfree Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Lotion (sample) – I made a review of this here.
- Sofina Jenne Lotion II – the first time I tried this toner was when my sister passed it on to me. I bought this when I went to Taiwan last year and I love using this together with the Sofina Jenne Jelly Moisturizer. This product is perfect for Manila weather because its moisturizing but not entirely heavy on the face when applied.
- Human Heart Nature Hydrating Face Toner – I use this as my morning toner before applying makeup. This product hydrates and preps my skin before makeup and I’ve noticed that my face doesn’t tend to oil up too much nor leave dry patches on some parts of my face. Definitely recommending this.
- Innisfree Olive Real Lotion – I have this product for more than 2 years now. I used this before as face moisturizer but my face tends to oil up way too much. Since it didn’t work on my face, I’ve decided to use this as body lotion and it helps giving moisture on my legs especially after I shave them. I recommend this for folks with dry skin but not recommending this for oily/combination skin type.
- SMACKBeauty Brighten Up! Vitamin C Anti-Aging Serum – I bought this during my US trip. This was an “okay” product but I didn’t notice any significant good/bad effect when I was using this.
- Human Heart Nature Balancing Facial Wash – I think I bought this last year before my US trip. This facial wash is perfect for Manila weather, but I do not recommend using this when you go to cold weather countries. I remember my face dries up easily after using this.
- D Program AC Reset Gel Essence (Acne Care) – another hand-me-down from my sister. This product didn’t work out on me.
- COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch – I highly recommend this! No wonder there’s a lot of raves on this product. It helps lessen my pimples in an instant and I’ve even let my boyfriend try this when he had a massive pimple on the chin (LOL!) 🤣
- Kanebo Allie SPF 50+ PA++++ UV Moisture Gel – I’ve been using this as sunscreen on my face and I like that it doesn’t have a sticky feel when applied. I’m recommending this.
- Nature Republic Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel Mist – this face mist is an instant pick-me-up whenever I need a quick hydration or I need to freshen up my face. I decant a small portion of this and use this whenever I ride the plane or post gym workout. I definitely recommend this! I purchased this product from Althea.
- Namie Deep Cleansing Nose Strip with Tea Tree Oil – another purchase from my HK trip. Not recommending this because it doesn’t entirely remove blackheads and whiteheads especially on my nose area.
- Kose Eye and Lip Makeup Remover – this has been in my stash for such a long time now. LOL! It does remove eye and lip makeup. I’m not much a fan of oil and water combined makeup remover that’s why it took me a while to consume this product.
- Bath & Body Works Beautiful Day Shower Gel – super love the smell! You know me, I’m such a sucker for shower gels! 😍
- Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Yuzu Perfume – I love the scent of this. It’s not overpowering nor too feminine. My sister bought this for me in 2016 when I visited her in Tokyo.
- Daiso Hand Sanitizer Spray in Lavender – you can purchase 3 bottles of these for only PhP 88! I love the mint and lavender variant of this product.
And that’s it for last summer’s beauty product empties! Do let me know if you’ve also used some of the products that I’ve mentioned. See ya next time! 😘😘😘