Hey there, loves! 😍 I’ve been meaning to post this but the holiday season last December was super crazy! In this post I’ll be sharing with you my product empties last 2nd half of 2017. The last post that I had was in August. So expect that these will be a ton of beauty products! 💕
I don’t know about you, but I get a sense of achievement whenever I finish a beauty product. It only means that there was no product wasted and that I got my money’s worth on using them. In this post I’ll be sharing with you which products are worth purchasing again and which products are good to at least try it out. 😊
As you may know Watsons is my favorite store. And what I love more about Watsons is they carry their own brand of affordable personal care products. I got this hair treatment for a bargain of PhP 199 when you buy 2 items. This particular hair treatment is a pomegranate variant and just like what it says, it is suitable for unruly or thick hair (just like mine! 🙋🏻) I use this every weekend to give my hair extra pampering and its also perfect for color/dyed hair like I’m currently sporting. It gives the extra moisture that my hair badly needs. Haha! I already hoarded another stash when Watsons had another round of sale last Christmas. 😛
I tried this product out of curiosity and as a substitute to dry shampoo. And boy, I super looove this product! 😍 This product is definitely a love at first purchase. I love how it smells on my hair and it doesn’t leave an itchy feeling after 12 hours unlike when I use dry shampoo. Plus, I love how its travel friendly compared to big bottle sprays of dry shampoo. This will definitely be in my re-purchase category.
Cosmetics / Make Up
I was able to destash a lot of makeup products and some of these I’ve used for the entire year of 2017. I’ll categorize these items into two: worth re-purchasing and worth trying.
- Sugao Air Fit CC Cream – see my previous posts on this product!
- Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier – this is definitely my ride or die primer. See my previous posts on this product!
- Shiseido Benefique Liquid Foundation (Crystallizing) – the coverage of this foundation is from light to medium. What I love about this product is that its perfect for Manila weather and it lets my skin breathe underneath. The formula is very easy to blend and also very easy to apply.
- Canmake Shading Powder – this is also my ride or die contour powder. See my previous posts on this product!
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara – also a fave because this reminds me of the Diorshow Mascara. See my previous post on this product!
- K-Palette 1Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner 24H WP Super Black – I love this because this product helped me master my cat eye lining skills! Definitely worth buying because this is long lasting and it does not smudge easily.
- Canmake Highlight & Retouch Concealer UV – this concealer has a light to sheer coverage and its perfect for a fresh look make up.
- NYX Shine Killer Primer – I made a review of this on @pwittygirlsofmnl. I like the performance of this primer but I wanted to try other primers. Also, the price is a a bit expensive (costs PhP 900+ for 20 mL). I’m currently using Rimmel Stay Matte Primer and it only costs around PhP 500 to PhP 700 (depends on re-seller price).
- Kao Est Long Lasting Loose Powder – I got this from my sister in Tokyo and this is definitely worth trying. This is perfect for baking and setting your makeup, and I love how it adds a bit of glow in my face.
- e.l.f. Translucent Mattifying Powder – I bought in the US when I forgot to bring a powder make up with me. It’s very affordable and perfect when traveling. This powder only has one shade and it sets well on the face.
- SHE Makeup All in One Concealer with Brush (Medium Sand) – I bought this in the Dollar Store in Market! Market! last summer for only PhP 99. As what they say, you get what you pay for. Formulation and coverage is okay but not that flattering. I’d rather get myself the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer rather than buying another stash of these. Just saying. 😉
- Careline Color Pencil in Brown – see my previous post about this item!
- Human Heart Nature 100% Natural Purifying Facial Scrub – I like that this scrub is very gentle on the skin. It helps remove bumps and impurities on my face.
- Human Heart Nature 100% Natural Sunflower Beauty Oil – I’ve raved about this several times on Reddit and I love that this product is multi-functional. If you have the chance, go try this out! This is definitely a value for money.
- Nature Republic Hawaiian Fresh Clear Toner – this toner was a hand me down from a friend. I used this in my AM skincare routine before applying makeup.
- Innisfree Olive Real Skin Toner – it took me a while to finish this product because I find olive skin care variants produce too much moisture on my face, which tends to be oily. If you have a very dry skin, this is definitely worth trying.
- Innisfree Olive Real Power Cream – same as the toner, it took me long time to consume this product due to the same reason. This is perfect as well for dry skin type.
- Innisfree Apple Seed Cleansing Oil – I like that this gently removes makeup on my face and at the same time it completely removes waterproof makeup products (i.e., waterproof mascara and eye liner). If micellar water does not work, this cleansing definitely completes the job on makeup removal.
- The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Foaming Cleanser – I decided to try this cleansing foam when I watched Morgan’s (aka TheBeautyBreakdown) vlog on The Face Shop recommendations. This product didn’t have significant effect on my face and it wasn’t that bad either.
Fragrance and Hand Sanitizer
And lastly, I’m a sucker for Bath & Body Works. Both of these fragrance mist and hand sanitizer were gifted to me last 2016. 😊
And there you have it! I know this was definitely a long post but totally worth sharing! How about you, what beauty products were you able to empty in 2017? Let me know in the comments below. Until next product empties! xoxo 💋