This post is super delayed but I realized, better late than never! 😛 When I went to the US last September, I decided to bring a handy skin care kit with me rather than bringing my usual products. I’ll share with you my thoughts on the Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Special Care Kit from Innisfree. 🌈
I got this skin care special kit when I went to Taiwan last March. I bought a ton of Innisfree products and the sales lady was generous to give me some freebies from my purchase. And you know me, I love freebies! 😍
I was really saving this kit for my travels. And when I traveled to the US two months ago I decided to bring this with me so that I can try it out and eventually share my thoughts with you folks! 😉
What are the benefits of pomegranate in skin care?
Just like me, you’ve probably noticed that pomegranate is a frequent ingredient used in most of Asian skin care products. I got curious so I did some research in the internet:
- Pomegranates protect and strengthen skin cells on the surface and regenerate cells in the deeper layers of skin.
- Special compounds in pomegranates not only inhibit enzymes that break down collagen, but also extend the life of fibroblasts (the cells that produce collagen and elastin) to support skin’s integrity and improve skin elasticity.
- Pomegranates offer serious sun protection
- Pomegranate’s powerful antioxidants fight and repair free-radical damage from the sun and environmental factors that age skin, including hyperpigmentation and age spots
- Pomegranates contain champion anti-inflammatory compounds, including a bevy of polyphenol antioxidants.
- Pomegranate seed oil easily and deeply penetrates skin to fortify moisture where it is needed most.
Source: Women’s Health Magazine
No wonder Innisfree called it “revitalizing” skin care. Its a perfect ingredient for budding titas (unni) like me! LOL. 🤣
What’s inside the Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Special Care Kit?
There 5 products inside the special care kit (from left to right):
- Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Lotion
- Jeju Pomegranate Hydrating Toner
- Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Essence
- Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Eye Serum
- Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Cream
The photos above were the condition of my skin when I was in the US. The weather in San Francisco was a bit cool and breezy in the early morning and late evening, while super hot and humid in the noon. I remember my skin was adjusting on the weather. I have a combination skin type: I have dry skin on the sides of my face while I have oily skin on my T-zone area (forehead, nose, and chin). That time I can feel my skin was a bit dry because of the cool, west coast weather. 💁🏻
Notes, faves, and raves
I was able to use these products for one and a half week when I was staying in the US. Here are my thoughts:
- Among the five products, my top favorite was the Revitalizing Essence. I tell you, this product really works! The essence saved my face from the drying feeling when I landed in SF. It gave a supple hydration and moisture on my face because of its rich pomegranate ingredient. This product is best used in the evening and even when you’re on your flight out to alleviate the dryness when you’re on the plane.
- The Hydrating Toner helped lessen my acne and bumps on my face. It is cleansing and hydrating at the same time.
- The Eye Serum is a good product too. It definitely softens my eye area and it lessens my dark under eye circles. My eyes look totally glowing after a couple use of this product.
- Lastly, the Revitalizing Lotion and Cream definitely give a moisturizing effect on my face. I love how soft and supple my face after a long night of sleep. I must say that these products are perfect for the west coast weather. It did give me the right amount moisture that I needed.
And there you have it! The photo above was taken on my last day in the US. Even if I was wearing make up, you can see the difference that my acne marks were almost gone and how glowing my face was. 😛 The Jeju Pomegranate skin care products from Innisfree is a good selection and definitely a superb recommendation. 👍🏻
Have you used any pomegranate skin care product before? Let me know and I look forward to your thoughts in the comments below! Until then xoxo 🎀