And I’m back! 🙂 My life has been super busy lately but it doesn’t mean that I’ve completely forgotten this blog. In the meantime, I’ll continue to talk about TV Shows that I’m binging on lately. 🙂
For this post, I’ll be talking about Riverdale Season 1!
I know I’m a late bloomer on watching this series. To be honest, I was skeptic at first to watch this because I’m a huge fan of the original Archie Comics. When I saw the trailer of Riverdale I was disappointed at first because it was super far from the Archie Comic characters that I know.
Case in point, the Archie Andrews that I know has freckles and has really orange hair. On the other hand, Archie in Riverdale (played by KJ Apa) has a heaven-sent abs and a perfect body that will make your knees tremble. Not that I’m complaining, LOL. 😛
Also, I was #shookt to know that Miss Grundy (played by Sarah Habel) is a young woman with *SPOILER ART* cougar instincts.
But to my good surprise, I love how Jughead Jones was such a nerd and outsider in the TV series. I know I’m too tita for this but I currently have a huge crush on Cole Sprouse after watching the first season. ❤
What I like about Riverdale Season 1:
- I like how almost all characters have deeply rooted back story in this series. This show will definitely make you curious on the motivation and purpose of each character.
- Production and setting was an eye candy. At the same time, it was dark and chilling.
- I like the mystery plot in the entire season. At the end of the 13 episodes, there were still a lot of questions left hanging which I feel it will be something to look forward to in the next season.
- I totally ship Betty Cooper (played by Lili Reinhart) and Jughead in this series! ‘Nuff said! ❤
What I do not like about Riverdale Season 1:
- Maybe it’s just me, but as a main character in the series I do not like Archie. I won’t spoil you on the specifics but I find his character so tentative and weak. But then again, maybe its the writers who wanted his character to be that way. Heh~
- Probably because I’m a fan of the original Archie, but I don’t like that this series is a bit like Gossip Girl with all of the teen drama stuff.
- Lastly, kinda sucks that the Archie Andrews x Reggie Mantle frenemy plot wasn’t that much explored in this season. Next season, perhaps?
Overall, Riverdale is a good past time to Netflix and Chill. 😛 I’m looking forward on the next season which I heard will be released this October 2017. Can’t wait! 🙂