Rainy days may be here for good but I’m still in a summer mood. ❤ For the past months I’ve been obsessing with bright colors because of the summer season. For my first #FOTD post, I’ll share with you guys my take on Coral Summer Make Up Look.
I’m medium skin tone (NC37 in MAC) and sometimes coral or orange tones are hit or miss for me. I used to love coral and orange lippies way back then but there was a time last year that I lost my interest for it because I find my appearance too dark when I’m wearing them. This summer, I rekindled my love on these colors because it makes my face look bright and sunny (lol!). Maybe I’m past the browns and greige make up trend, but don’t we all associate summer with bright and sunny colors? ❤
And to feed my coral/orange make up look obsession, I got myself the 3 make up products as shown in the photo above:
- Etude House Play Color Eyes in Juice Bar – I got this when I had my first purchase in Althea for only Php 950+
- Pros: What I like about this palette is that its compact and not too bulky. It has 10 color eye shadow shades ranging from brown, coral, and orange. It’s very pigmented and has good staying power for the rest of the day especially when you put on eye base/primer. I also find it beginner-friendly and easy to blend.
- Cons: Packaging is prone to breakage especially if you’ll accidentally drop it. Most of the colors are in satin or shimmer in finish. I think there’s only 1-2 shades in this palette that are in matte finish.
- Overall: I like this palette because its easy to use. For me, its a close dupe of Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Collection. I’ve been eyeing for the Too Faced palette but the Etude House palette is an affordable version and I’m very pleased with it.
- Etude House Wonder Fun Park Dear Darling Soda Tint in BR401 Pumping Caffeine Soda – I got this also in Althea for only Php 220. I first found this when I was in the EH store in Ayala, Makati.
- Pros: Among the available shades in this line, I like BR401 the most. It has a brown-coral shade range and the color is perfect for everyday make up look. Its in gloss finish and a little goes a long way when applying this lip product. I find the color very opaque so if you like to achieve a subtle look, apply this product in dot application and you can use your fingertips to spread out in order to achieve a tinted lip make up look.
- Cons: Although this tint has no drying effect compared to other lip tints that I’ve tried, this product takes a while to set in your lips. So like I’ve mentioned, a little goes a long way when applying unless if you really want to achieve a glossy and shimmer look.
- Overall: I like this lip tint because it doesn’t dry my lips. If you want a glossy lip product, I definitely recommend this!
- EB Advance Cheek Color in Mandarin – I got this on sale in Watsons for only Php 100 (original price at Php 175)
- Pros: I’m very happy that local brands have level up their game when it comes to beauty products. I’ve read and seen a lot positive reviews from Reddit and YouTube on Ever Bilena. And to my surprise when I used this product, I’m pleased that it has a good formulation and pigmentation. Staying power is good too. I also have this Fig shade (a brown/rose color) and its perfect for nude and pink make up look. Other color selections from this line are promising as well.
- Cons: Since this blush is very pigmented (especially the Mandarin shade), a little goes a long way when applying this on your cheeks. There was a time that I put on too much of this on my cheeks that I look like an orange fruit. Haha! 😛
- Overall: This is a decent blush and very affordable too. I find this product a close dupe of MAC Powder Blush in Devil, which is also very opaque and pigmented.
Now we head on to the make up look!
Summer make up look are mostly associated with browns, bronzers, a little bit of highlight, and a pop of color. This was what I wanted to achieve when I created this make up look. Shimmer eye colors are perfect as well, it adds brightness to the eyes and make your entire look fresh in the photo.
I have full brows though there are some parts of it that are sparse, I use eyebrow pencil and mascara to perfectly shade and set it.
Base: NYX Shine Killer, Sugao Air Fit CC Cream, SHE Makeup All in One Concealer with Brush (Medium Sand), Fashion 21 Pressed Powder with Cucumber Extract (Shade #02)
Lips: Etude House Wonder Fun Park Dear Darling Soda Tint in BR401 Pumping Caffeine Soda
There you have it! ❤ Hope this post was helpful on how to achieve Coral x Summer look. Let me know what you think of this look in the comments below. Until then! xoxo.